If you are…
Section 1. Getting started
constkeywords. In addition, this tutorial covers the variable scope and hoisting.
Section 3. Program flow
- The if-else statement – shows you how to to use the
if-elsestatement to execute a block of code if a condition is true.
- The switch case statement – introduces you to the
switchstatement which is a better and cleaner way to write a complex if-else statement chains.
- The while loop – shows you how to execute a block of code repeatedly based on a specified condition.
- The do-while loop – provides you with an alternative way to execute a block of code repeatedly with the condition checked at the end of each loop iteration.
- The for loop – introduces you how to execute a block of code in a specified number of times.
- The break statement – learns how to terminate a loop e.g., for, while,or do-while immediately and transfer control of the program to the statement following the loop statement.
- The continue statement – shows you how to use the
continuestatement to terminate the execution of the iteration in the current loop and continue the next loop iteration.
Section 4. Arrays
pop()methods of the
shift()methods of the
lastIndexOf()methods to find the position of an element in an array.
filter()method to filter elements in an array based on a test function.
map()method to transform elements in an array and return a new array that includes the results.
forEach()method to execute a function on every element in an array.
reduceRight()methods to reduce an array into a value.
Section 5. Functions
Functiontype that has properties and methods as other objects. This tutorial illustrates how you can use functions as objects.